Spiced-Crusted Ribeye Pork Chop with Mango Sauce
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 25 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 6 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops, about 3/4-in. thick
+ 1 Tbsp. paprika
+ 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
+ 1/2 tsp. black pepper
+ 1/2 tsp. cayenne
+ 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
+ 1/2 tsp. granulated onion
+ 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
+ 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 2 ripe mangos, peeled and cut into 1-in. dice (about 2 1/2 c.)
+ 1 tsp. kosher salt
+ 6 scallions, thinly sliced
+ 1/4 tsp. cayenne
+ Juice of 1 lime
What to do:
1. To make the spice crust: In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, oregano, and thyme. Sprinkle the rub liberally on both sides of the chops (you might not use it all) and let rest 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the mango, salt, and all but 1 tablespoon of the scallions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions are soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the jar of a blender and add the lime juice. Blend on high until the sauce is smooth, about 1 minute. Let rest in the blender.
3. Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chops until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the internal temperature reaches between 145°F. (medium rare) and 160°F. (medium), 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the grill and let rest 3 minutes.
4. Blend the sauce for about 10 seconds. Spoon the sauce onto plates and top with the chops. Garnish with the reserved scallions and serve.
* Serve with grilled asparagus and rice pilaf.
* Recipe courtesy of Ray "Dr. BBQ" Lampe.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: